- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- I am enjoying my morning harvests in the cooler weather.. I have pre-started replacement plants to put into the ope… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Homemade Saskatoon Pie
- A little Harvest Video for you :)
- What do you use clover for?
- Why I lose more weight in winter..
- Feeding Back your Egg Shells to your Hens
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Master Rain Garden Paperwork..
- Sheep Milk Icecream..
- Kohlrabi Recipes
Category Archives: Chickens
The call was placed to the feed store and the Chicks and Turkey Pullets are now ordered and will arrive on the farm the first week of May. We ordered in 12 dual purpose large brown egg layers. I love … Continue reading
Looking for a way to use up those tiny baby Brussel Sprouts? This filling tasty breakfast or supper omelet will hit the spot! Baby Brussel Sprout Omelet with Salsa Recipe This is a very simple recipe that makes a tasty … Continue reading
High-Altitude Cold-Climate Gardening: Overcoming Soil Challenges Guest Post by WillowCreakFarm Part 3 of 5 This is the third post in our High-Altitude Cold-Climate Gardening series. You can read the other two by clicking the links below: Introduction Overcoming the Terrain … Continue reading
Ideally, if you already have chickens you are going to let your broody hen do all this work for you. You can help pick the eggs she is sitting on but its just so much easier to let the … Continue reading