- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- What a lovely morning on the farm, the weather is begging me to be outside (I will be digging in the garden again t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- 3 Ways to Recycle your Egg Shells
- Flagg Beans Overview and Spring Update
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Wild Violets Recipes
- The Spruce Tips -Recipes and Idea's.
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Canning 2017
- Improving Pasture a old fashion way.
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
Tag Archives: Chickens
This is the keep back hatching clutch of mixed eggs from this spring and a fine group they are, could not be more pleased with them. The purebreds are in their own group at this time and one of the … Continue reading
Life is blooming in Hatch 1! Man is it hard to be quick and try to get a photo of a back-lit egg that shows those babies.. I was not able to show the veins that I could see with the … Continue reading
42 eggs are in Hatch #1 this year, a mix of possible chicks, we will see how it goes, I am hoping to do 4 sets of hatches this year, we will see if the hens are willing to produce … Continue reading
A farmer friend said, you want some oats, I have to much for the bin, and so the extra are in the one ton bag and I said, I would be interested, I had gone off the farm and when … Continue reading
I know it seems like its right in the hard part of winter and I know from talking to my family and friends that they are either into hunker down mode or they are hitting the slopes, the trails and … Continue reading
This grow out had a number of challenges, the least of which are that I got chicks at three different times of the year, so they have to be compared to where they are fair more then If I had … Continue reading