- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- I am enjoying my morning harvests in the cooler weather.. I have pre-started replacement plants to put into the ope… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- A little Harvest Video for you :)
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- Ask me a question - How do you get it all done?
- Homemade Saskatoon Pie
- Master Rain Garden Paperwork..
- Homemade Paper Making using Sheep Manure
- Heart Stew Recipe
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Lamb Milk Replacers
Tag Archives: Chickens
Ideally, if you already have chickens you are going to let your broody hen do all this work for you. You can help pick the eggs she is sitting on but its just so much easier to let the … Continue reading
Yesterday May 9th 2018 our first broody hen hatched out a lovely clutch of healthy looking little fluffy butts. This is a proven broody hen and she made both my hubby and I laugh so hard as she lead … Continue reading
This is the keep back hatching clutch of mixed eggs from this spring and a fine group they are, could not be more pleased with them. The purebreds are in their own group at this time and one of the … Continue reading
Life is blooming in Hatch 1! Man is it hard to be quick and try to get a photo of a back-lit egg that shows those babies.. I was not able to show the veins that I could see with the … Continue reading
42 eggs are in Hatch #1 this year, a mix of possible chicks, we will see how it goes, I am hoping to do 4 sets of hatches this year, we will see if the hens are willing to produce … Continue reading
A farmer friend said, you want some oats, I have to much for the bin, and so the extra are in the one ton bag and I said, I would be interested, I had gone off the farm and when … Continue reading