- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- History shows that a lot of the "research" for plants and plant breeding and even animal breeding occurred at Unive… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Gal in the Garden Series - Working with "dead" top soil..
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- What do you use clover for?
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Freezers.. Lets talk about Freezers Baby!
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Why I lose more weight in winter..
- Feeding Back your Egg Shells to your Hens
- Creamy Rice Salad in a Pumpkin Serving Bowl
Category Archives: food
Creating a Cinder Block Raised Strawberry Bed Last spring we knew that we had to do some work on taking down and doing some major reno work, this meant that it was very good odds that we would … Continue reading
Now I love beets, pickled beets, roasted beets and Baked Beets in a Cream Sauce is a huge treat! Of course we all love our Beet soup.. hmmm Where I am struggling is more how to successfully use beets in … Continue reading
Creamy sauce, Seafood and pasta is a mixed delight.. add in the wonderful flavours of Horseradish greens and bit of good parmesan cheese.. It just steps it up a notch! This is a bit of a loose recipe in the … Continue reading
It seemed like the perfect day to can up some dark spicy beans. I set a whole bag of navy beans to soaking last night, changing the water twice. This morning into my big pot went the beans and my … Continue reading
It the perfect time of year to head out and dig out some fresh new horseradish root. The first year root is still so young, smaller flexible, and much less heat than second year roots will be. Do you … Continue reading
My Plum tree’s are in full bloom.. so many other things in bloom as well.. including creeping Charlie and the Violets, the wild strawberries and of course all the currents. But there is something missing this year.. Bee’s.. Where are … Continue reading
There are folks that consider these weeds as they freely grow in my local area, so I would consider them a “wild” harvestable food. The perk of this, is that you should be able to find yourself some of these … Continue reading
2017 Please note for ease of tracking, I will be rounding everything up or down into pints.. example, if I do 7 quarts of something, it will be written as 14 pints, if I do 8 80z jars it will be written as 4 pints.. you get the idea.. It will make my life so […]