The Raw fixins are shown above.
Beef Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 pound stewing beef (in this case, grass-fed, homestead raised)
- 2 large clove of garlic (local of course, if at all possible, available china produced garlic, its been bleached)
- 1 med size onion
- 3 large stalks of celery
- 2 med carrots
- Half a regular size turnip (if you do not like turnip, you can use potato) but it will effect the overall flavour palate on the dish, as the turnip add a hit of sweet in the stew, that potato will not.
- 1 quart of dark broth, if in a pinch, dark mushroom will work lovely.
- Enough fresh pie dough to make a top crust, tradionally you would do both but I love just doing the top.
- Salt, pepper, and spices to taste.
Bake the meat, onions and garlic in the broth at 350 for an hour, then add your veggies for another 45 min, then top with the pie crust and bake another 55 to 60 min till golden brown.. serve hot..
I thought I had made enough for two full meals, but everyone went for seconds and there was barely enough for hubbies lunch the next day 🙂