- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- It came up on facebook today that it was 7 years ago that my Brandy Girl Arrived on my farm and my world. She took… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- In memory of Brandy Girl
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- Coconut Salt Bar Soap with recipe
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- The Garden is in full swing..
- Who am I?
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Elderberry Season is on us!
- Chicken Feed-Protein from thin Air..sort of..
- Rutabaga Stew
3/4th cup of fresh peeled, finely cut ginger
4 cups of mashed raspberry (these were frozen from our farm)
7 cups of sugar
2 TBSP of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 package of pectin
Add the ginger, fruit, lemon juice and sugar together, stir it though and start it on a slow low heat till it melts all together, then bring it up to a med heat..
Cook for 15 to 20 till the ginger is softened.. take off heat.. no boil and hit with a stick blender with care, till all the ginger is fully blended into the mix.
Put back on the stove and let sit for one to two min and then skim off 60 to 80 percent of the seeds that will float to the top..
Bring it back to a full boil.. add your pectin, stir in and bring to a full roiling boil for a the one min, check your jam with the chilled plate test and once good to go..
Put in prepared hot jars and lids finger tight and into hot water bath for ten min.. This jam does have a lovely hotter undertone with a great fruit over top notes, it color is outstanding..
Its good as a jam, or as a filler but its also great as the base of a salad dressing or as a meat glaze, I made a pulled pork with this jam baked into it.. delightful!
Ps, not sure why my words are so small on this one.. strange..