Ah, fresh Dandelion, once of the first spring plants ready and willing to become greens in the kitchen, I picked out four nice big plants out of my patch and into the house they came, split with cut off at the bottom, cleaned and well washed, as these were so young and tender, I didn’t blanch them, but if they were older, I might have depending on the recipe.
Then I dug out a burdock root to go with the four Dandelion roots, plus a fresh dug horseradish root and I was set to make supper..
- One med Onion
- Four Dandelion Plants, cleaned greens and washed, peeled and striped Dandelion Root
- One carrot, peeled and sliced
- One Burdock Root, Peeled and Sliced
- One 6 inch peice of fresh Horseradish, washed, peeled and grated.
- One fresh chicken breast, sliced thin (or pork chop would work as well)
- 2 cups of cooked Brown Rice
- One Tbsp of Honey
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinager
- Pinch of Salt, Pepper, and A big Pinch of Basil Leaves.
I took the hard veggies and the meat and cooked it in a cast iron fry pan, once meat was cooked, added in greens, rice and sauce and cooked another few min till heated though and served.. it was light, tasty and filling all in one, best of all, was the amount of fresh living plants that had been picked and used within half an hour of the meal itself.