This is a lovely way to serve heart, this is quick fry thinly sliced prepped heart
Lamb Heart Stirfry
- Lamb Heart- 1 Whole Trimmed and sliced heart (or about 6 to 8 Chicken Hearts or 1/4th of a beef heart)
- 1 med Onion, peeled and sliced into stripes
- 2 cloves of garlic-peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot-Peeled, sliced in four and then itno narrow stripes
- 1 whole head of broccoli, including peeled and diced stem
- 1 red pepper -Diced with seeds removed
Sauce- You can use any of your favorites that you get from the store or are homemade, I went very simple, I used a little red wine vinager, Soya Sauce and that’s it. Make Coucous per the instructions, I used a lamb bone broth for the water for adding matching flavour.
Add a tbsp of so of lard or oil into your pan, fry your onion, garlic and the heart, allow to cook till clear and the meat is browned, then add the rest of the veggies, heat up but still allow to be crunchy and crisp, add a little vinager and soya sauce, just enough to pull up the browned flavoured bits, and serve over your coucous, rice or pasta.
For me this was one of my few meals lately that is not a good 100 mile meal, the coucous was organic and certainly not local, the onion and carrot are ontario grown, the red pepper is frozen from my garden and the frozen garlic is locally grown, and of course the lamb heart is from the farm but that wonderful brocolli, it was so! on sale this past week, two full heads for 67 cents.. came from South America.. I am sure that it cost more in airline fuel, then I paid for them. I was blocking traffic for a min or two just standing there looking at them, and then I caved.