Well, I am working my way though 37 pds of Red Peppers, 41 pds of green peppers, 3 pds of hot peppers, to which I also have lots of onions and tomato’s to use if needed.
I have green pepper drying, about ten pds or so frozen, I am canning 12 pds of green peppers, and put 10 pds of red peppers into Red Pepper Pasta Sauce. Another 11 pds into spicy Green tomato/Green Pepper Pasta sauce, and the rest is being dice or sliced for the freezer or dryers. In the photo above, had just a touch of my Red Pepper Pasta Sauce left after filling the last jar so had it with a bit of fresh bread, yummy..
My Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 10 pds of red peppers
- 3 pds of roma tomatos
- 3 pds of white onions
- 1 whole garlic or about 8 big cloves
- 1 or 2 hot peppers, seeded out depending on the heat you like, add more or less.
- 2 cups of white or apple vinager
- 3 cups of white or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of canning salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Put them though the blender, and then simmer for at least 4o to 60 min till thicken to your tastes, then can, while most books say that peppers need to be pressure canned, between the vinager, sugar, I have always waterbathed canned this sauce.