Chicken broccoli Soup Recipe
- 1 Cup leftover chopped Chicken Breast or any other Leftover chicken from a whole chicken pulled and chopped. You can add more chicken if you want.
- 2 finely diced cloves of garlic
- 1 medium finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp of peeled freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice (can use chicken fat)
- 6 cups of broth.. chicken or veggie broth please
- 3 cups of finely chopped Broccoli flowers and peeled stems
- 1 Large Peeled Potato, diced small (or perfect time to grab a pint jar of pressure canned potato cubes) or you can do two mid-size carrots peeled and diced.
- Salt, Pepper, Herb Blend (think Mrs. Dash No salt herb blended) to taste.
In your good soup pot, add the oil at med heat, then add Garlic, Onion and Ginger root, cook till onion is softened and garlic has a bit of brown edges, then add in your Broth and Raw Potato and simmer about 15 min till potato’s are tender, then add in your Broccoli and cook another 6 to 8 min till it all comes together.. (if you are using canned potato, add the same time as the Broccoli as you will just be heating it up).
This is a clear broth based soup and its important that you add the ginger if at all possable, if you do not have fresh ginger, use 1/2 tsp of ginger powder. Its more of a veggie broth taste with the Boccoli coming though at the top note, with a full flavoured broth, with the protein hit form the chicken but the extra carb from the root veggie.
Makes 4 Dinner bowl servings.