- 1 Tbsp of butter to melt to start the pan
- 1/2 a cup of finely minced onion
- 1 tsp of finely minced garlic
- Half a cup of fresh duck livers chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp of ground dried red pepper
- 1 tsp of dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of keens hot mustard
- 1/4 cup of good Sherry
- 1 tbsp of butter to finish.
In a cast Iron Pan or your good pan over med heat, I melted the first tbsp of butter, added the onion, garlic and the liver.. Cook them till the livers are just done, add your spices and your sherry, simmer them together.
Take them off the heat, pour into your blender add another tbsp of butter and blend, you can blend it course, med or smooth. I choose course today, but if you blend it to smooth, it will be almost fluffy whipped in texture, sometimes that’s nice, other times , you just want it to be a bit more meaty. Scrape out of your blender and into a bowl to set up as it chills.
serve with crackers, pickles, bits of fresh veggies, a great choice to add to a holiday starter board. it is a flavour that works so well with sour dough