Crispy Cornmeal Coated Baked Brussel Sprouts
Looking for a new way to serve roasted Brussel Sprouts?
- 1 pound of Brussel Sprouts (baby full size) or full size trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4th cup of cornmeal
- 1 tsp of course fresh cracked salt
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of seasoning salt
- If you want a little more kick, 1/2 tsp of crushed Chili pepper flakes can also be added!
- 1/2 tsp of course fresh cracked Pepper
- 2 tbsp. of light Olive Oil
Take your sprouts and put half the oil on them and toss them to lightly coat them, then in a small bowl mix the cornmeal, salt, pepper and Paprika together and then put it over the sprouts and toss them till well coated
Take shallow roasting pan and use the other half of your oil to lightly coat it, then add your coated sprouts in a SINGLE layer (don’t overfill your pan, they need space LOL)
In a hot oven at 400, it will take approx. 20 min or so for cooking, shake your tray a few times at the ten minute mark to make sure you get both sides crispy. Serve hot and if you want with a bit of Ranch dipping sauce on the side!