Well, I have two more hens sitting on their nests, so I am hopeful that I will have another crop of ducklings born in july.. but this lovely momma sat faithfully, and only hatched out two Two very cute ones, not her fault, she did everything right, but the male I got for her was clearly older then I expected, as she is a young healthy fertile female. Those wee ducklings are growing up and growing fast at that.. lovely colors, and I will see on their sexes, if they are female, they will stay as part of my overwinter flock, if males, they will be butchered just before the adult pin feathers on the wings come in.. But alas their time with their mom has come to a end, you see yesterday she laid a egg.. and that means time to move the ducklings into a growout pen, time to move a drake in with momma hen and let her breed and ideally sit at least one more clutch of eggs this year. So far, I am only at my 2 of 50 ducklings goal.. hmmm, that does not sound good when you write it out, but there is lots of summer-fall left yet
- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- Happy Thanksgiving to my family an friends 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Carrot Pudding for Christmas
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Pan Seared Duck Breast Medallions
- Sheep Milk Icecream..
- Salt Cured Leg of Lamb
- Lamb Jerky for long term dried meat storage
- Why I lose more weight in winter..
- Sausage Making at Big Brothers.. Bear Sausage recipe