It’s been grey out, its raining again, the darn cold, wet wind is pushing me around, my foot hurts.. GET over it FarmGal, and get up and get it DONE!
This is offically me kicking my own rear! Last week was sad, I read books, curled up with blankets and purrpots and hounds sleeping on my feet, I’ve been listening to soft and wonderful christmas music, I’ve napped in the afternoon, not because I was up at 5am and want to stay up past 7pm to be with hubby but just cuz, I could and its dark by 3:30 around here..
I went shopping on the weekend, got some great deals and everything will be put to good use, but I wondered around the stores, up and down, just looking.. What the! So much to do, never enough time to do it, and I stood and pushed singing santa’s and laughed like a little girl at them.. I picked up things that I know I am never going to buy and said things like.. do you think mom might like this. or O that’s so cute, what a fluffy cuddley stuffie..
Ok, so lets set some public goals this week and have to prove with photos that I got it done!
1) I will get caught up on the laundry, I will get all the summer/light fall cloths put away, and I will get the winter cloths out, cleaned and into use, I will get the laundry room emptied and a good clean out..
2) I will can 7 pints of beans each day, as I am low on canned beans, and I will not pay the price in the store, when I can my own! Considering I have tons in the dry form in storage.
3) I will can 7 pints of soup or stew each day at the same time as the beans, I want to get a bigger choice down in the celler for over the holidays for DH. Plus why waste the space in my pressure canner, might as tag team them.
4) I will get the rest of the compost on the area’s its required in the gardens and spread out for winter..
5) I will butcher birds this week! I am not setting a high on this, but I will set a low, I must butcher at least ten birds this week of whatever type I choose..
I will update on how it goes this week, How about you? Anything you are putting off that you want to take on as a mini-challange this week and join me? Let me know in the comments..