. This is a different Salsa but o its good.. hubby says he thinks its more like carrot BBQ sauce, I think its great as a wonderful add in to meats to make sandwhich’s and or as dip for veggies or to make a amazing salad dressing when mix’s with a little yogurt or for those that are willing to do so, a little sour cream or mayo. It is also awesome on a cracker with cheese. As you can see its just a beautiful color.
- 6 cups of chopped cored peeled tomatoes
- 4 cups coursely chopped peeled carrots
- 3 tbsp of fresh ginger-peeled and coursely chopped in with the carrots in the food processer.
- 1 cup of cider vineger, 1/2 cup of white wine vineger
- 1 an 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of chili flakes
- 1 an 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
In a large steel pot, combine all the above and bring to a boil over med heat, at that point I took it off the stove and hit it with the blender stick then reduce to a steady simmer heat per your stove, and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened, about an hour or two, depending on the size of your pot.
Process as normal for hot water bath’s (I am assuming that folks that read my recipes have some of the basic’s of how to can, if not, I would highly recommend the book above a good detailed guide to start with) and process for 15 min.