Hmmm Beet Soup.. Does any other soup have that amazing rich color?
This is so not my momma’s Borscht, this is old russion Recipe base, with a few little tweeks of my own.. Give it a try, you might find a new favorite to add to your collection.
Fresh Roasted Beets from the garden, diced up
- Four cups of Cooked Diced Beets
- Two Med or One Large Purple Onion-Diced -Was out, so used White
- 3 cloves of Garlic -Diced
- 2 Large Potato’s -Peeled and Shedded-Pinks if you have them but I used White ones
- 1 Med Head of Purple Cabbage- Diced
- 8 Large Mushrooms-Diced
Put in your steel stock pot and heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add all onions and garlic, cook till clear, and then add the rest, and 10 to 12 cups of stock, I used a mix of half veggie an half lamb stock.
Added Spices, Salt, Pepper, Bay Leaf, Bazil, Stinging Nettle and 2 TBS of Red Wine Vinager, cook for at least 40 min till everything is simmered and the flavors blended..
Serve up with a dollop of fresh sour cream or greek yogurt in the middle.. with fresh green onions on top if you have them