Lamb Meatballs baked with krout is very good.. o yes.. very good indeed.. So lets to the recipe shall we..
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 very finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 a cup of Quinoa (red)
- 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, 1 tsp of Steak Spice
- 1 qaurt of wine sauerkraut or 3 to 4 cups if you are making it yourself in a crock.
- 3/4 cup of broth (lamb or beef or veggie, your choice)
Mix the meat, onion, garlic, spices and quinoa in the burger very well, then make 6 to 8 even sized meat balls put a layer of sauerkraut down, then the meat balls with the rest tucked between them, leaving just the tops showing, add the broth and bake for 25 min covered in a 350 degree oven.. uncover for the last 5 min if you want more browning on the meat itself.
Serve with a side salad or would also go excellent with mashed potato as well.. the more mild wine saurerkraut works very well with the lamb and the Qauinoa works to help bind it together but far less then tradional carbs..