Ah, I am just a day behind, yesterday, I knew that I would be riding later in the afternoon with my wonderful man and we had our first dual ride since the birthday ride and he took out Brandy Girl and me on Samwell, it was a pleasant, calm and steady ride.. a good time for everyone, the horses, and the riders.
We had chores to do after that, and I was heading out for a visit with a dear friend and so that morning I had done supper in the crock pot, now if you had a wood stove and could do a slow steady simmer, that would work as well, the stove will do it as well, but this dish to be at its best, needs low an slow heat.
- 2 pounds of stew cut Venison (or beef, or lamb)
- One quart of broth, in this case Beef Broth
- One large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 large stacks of celery -Diced
- 2 large carrots-Diced
- a quarter of green hard winter cabbage, -coarsely diced
- one cup of grape tomato’s
- One extra large green and red pepper-Diced
- Salt, pepper, bay leaf
Place your thawed meat into the bottom of the crock pot, add all your veggies on top, cover with your broth and turn it on high for an hour and then down to low for the rest of the day, mine cooked for around nine hours, the meat should be pull apart tender.
The broth is light but full of flavour, the stew itself is very traditional! Lovely!