Creamed Carrot Soup Recipe
- One med onion- Peeled and diced
- Two garlic clove- Peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger (or ginger powder)
- 3 large carrots, peeled, and cut into cubes
- 2 medium Potato’s- Peel and diced
- 6 cups of white broth, be it white meat bone broth or be it veggie broth
- Salt and White pepper.
Add a touch of oil to your pot, cook your onion and garlic till clear and soft at that point you can add your grated peeled fresh ginger and just let it brown a tiny bit
Add your broth, carrot and potato’s, spices and cooked on a med heat till tender and falling apart when tested with a fork..
Take off heat..
Allow to cool just a touch, it should not longer be boiling, very carefully then either mash very well or hit it with a stick blender for a very smooth soup.
- if you want add a swirl of cream or a dollop of sour cream in the middle of the soup, if you want it thinner, add another cup of broth. If you want it thicker next time, remove a cup of broth to adjust to your own families personal taste.
This soup can be made with leftover roasted carrots and potato’s/onions/galic, if the veggies have been roasted it will add a lovely smokey/richness to the soup itself.
Carrots are one of those great winter veggies that are still reasonable priced in the larger bags in the store. This is a nice filling soup that healthy for you, easily made using only veggies and a frugal cost as well.