Now I love my fried grated potato’s, we have talked about rinsing them till the water runs clear for those perfect crunchy ones, we have talked about my families version of germen potato’s where they are crunchy and brown on the outside and creamy an soft on the inside with eggs, flour and spices served with sour cream, cheese or bacon bits.
I am calling this one a Potato Hash, its a full meal and its thick stick to your ribs, this was large portions for two people, but we were hungry, double for a 4 person or serve with some thing else with these split into four portions
- six medium potato, I took out the bits needed, washed and grated them with skins on
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot or one small sweet potato, your choice peeled and grated
- 2 cups of fresh sprouts (this would be equal to one of the little trays from the store) or any other sweet green, not a strong green.. you want the health punch without the green being able to take out the sweetness of the carrot or the sweet potato.
- 2 large eggs, love the color of my farm eggs, the hens are nibbling on the hay
- 1 tsp of seasoning salt, 2 tbsp. of a basic herb-garlic mix
- 1 tsp of ground pepper, less if you want less heat
Mix this very well, you want those sprouts evening spread though it.. no clumps of any one things, heat your biggest cast iron and put in some lard or olive oil and when its heated, put in your mix and press it level and then cook 8 to 10 min on each side with a lid on but cracked to the side on med-high heat.. when you go to flip, score them into four and flip each section.. with this much its just a touch to thick to do a full pan flip..
We didn’t add anything else to it.. you could put a bit of cheese on, you could serve with sour cream and green onion but we devoured it as it was and loved it!