Well, I don’t get to see the below photo but once a day when I change the dressings but the leg swelling and bruising I get to see all the time, in a way its amazing how well she can put weight on it already and yet we seem to be having issues getting the pain managed to a degree I am comfortable with, I don’t want her pain free but I would like it be less so that she can rest and heal..

This entry was posted in Life moves on daily and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Mom update on knee.. well its been a week today since surgery and here is the overview on how its looking!

1. Kodi says:

Ouchy ouch! Oh, I do not want one of those. Hope the pain gets manageable very soon.

2. sabretooth says:

I had my right knee replaced 3 weeks ago. Physical therapy and home exercises help a lot to hasten the decrease in pain. It ain’t easy, that’s for sure. Good luck and work hard to rehab your new knee. It sure beats the problems you had with your old knee. Look forward to a life without pain. It is worth the effort.
    Ken

3. heatherhappy says:

Ouchie…I pray that she’ll make a completey and healthy recovery 🙂 🙂 Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather 🙂

Wow. Sending healing thoughts and the PFAF link for Flax (seed) – http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Linum+usitatissimum (from there, if you want, you can pick and choose to find local analgesics/anti inflammatories from the built in links (but for now: Arnica in and out, eh?)
    Hugs, D.

5. grammomsblog says:

Nasty!! Poor Mum! “Short term pain, long term gain” I guess…..
    You are such a good Daughter.

6. oceannah says:

Holy hanna…that looks like a train wreck, BUT I know it is for the best. My gf had both knees done about three months ago and she is SO thrilled that she did it. We (some friends) spent a fair bit of time doing massage w/ lavender oil to both break down scar tissue and reduce scarring externally.
    *anna