Fall Lamb Stew Recipe (this is the single regular pot for family eating, X4 for canning)
- 1 pd of stewing lamb meat
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 3 quarts of lamb bone broth or make up beef flavored broth.
- eight small fresh carrots or four to five big carrots from the store-Peeled and cut into cubes
- 6 large potato-peeled and diced
- 10 Roma tomato’s- diced
- 1 large green and red pepper-diced
- Mushrooms if you like them-sliced and diced
- Salt-Pepper and a good amount of dried crumbled basil.
Put your lamb and onion in your pot at med heat with a touch of oil to keep from sticking and brown the meat/cook the onion till clear, then add your broth and the rest of the list, simmer for ten min if you are pressure canning, then jar up into your clean hot jars, and into your pressure canner in either pints or quarts, as you are going with your longest ingredent, in this case the lamb stew meat, you will follow your canning guide on how long that is in your area, it changes depending on your sea level and what kind of pressure canner you have etc.
For the dinner, continue simmering the stew till it cooks down and thick’n up all on its own, Here’s what it will look like 🙂 Serve with fresh bread, or make some dumplings to go with, or just lick the bowl LOL