Join 1,307 other subscribers
- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
I Yield I Yield LOL
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
Just Another Day on the Farm -Small Updates/Extra Photos!
Top Posts & Pages
- Beef Barley veggie soup.. Canning
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Making homemade wool tags for the garden
- Can you eat Rhubarb Flowers? Stirfry Style Recipe
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review -5 years later!
- Treating Mild Hypothermia in Ducks
- Sheep Tallow Candles.
- Bean Teepee is up
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
Tag Archives: cover crops
Gardening in Clay -Sub-soil
Its been a interesting challenge in regards to Kitchen Garden Plot 15.. It’s a full on sub-soil clay. Its the first time in many years that I have had to start a raw plot of land from full clay and … Continue reading
Gal in the Garden Series – Working with “dead” top soil..
It looks so pretty.. that big huge mound of top soil.. so black and rich! Two loads of 10 tons each have arrived on the farm this year so far.. and its easy to work with, its good quality top … Continue reading
Posted in Gal in the Garden Series, Garden Tagged compost, cover crops, feeding your soil, Gal in the Garden Series, improving soil 5 Comments