- Half a pound of finely sliced beef steak or cubes
- 1 Large Onion-Peeled and diced
- 2 or 3 stalks of celery
- 6 to 8 med to large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped red pepper
- 3 cups of coarsely chopped Cabbage
- Salt, pepper, seasoning mix,
- 1/4th cup of yellow mustard
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds (your choice on adding this or not)
- 1/4th cup of mayo or sour cream (please try the mayo, if you do not use the mayo, increase the seasoning and add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the dish)
- Fat to start the dish
Put your fat in to heat, then cook your onions till clear, add in your meat and brown, then add in the mushrooms/celery and red pepper till the celery is just starting to soften, add in your seasonings and cabbage and give it a fry till it’s just starting to be cooked.. Add your mustard-Mayo dressing, stir and serve..
This dressing for dish goes to Farmer T, as she is the one who introduced me to it, its a fast easy way to dress a stirfry, its a light but flavourful dressing.
Ps, as my camera did not take a good photo of this dish, I am using a photo of a dish that is very close that I did have a photo off.. You should expect this dish to appear a touch more yellow on the dressing. I am sorry my photos did not turn out.. I did not want to make the dish twice in a row 🙂