Got older canned fruit that is turned color, and while perfectly healthy and safe its just not looking so good anymore in the celler, turn it into a awesome cake..
Now normally, I would have done the first part, and then done three cups of flour, and I would have gotten a nice high/light cake but as we are currently not using much white flour, I went with different flours, which means that it is a short/heavy cake but I did try and bite and its excellent in taste and texture and I have no doubt at all that DH will enjoy it.
Canned Peach Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- One pint of canned peaches, with juice (in this case, sweetened), mashed.
- Add 1/4th cup of oil in whichever form you want, I went coconut oil personally
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk or water, your choice
- 3 cups of flour, I went one cup buckwheat, one cup oats and one cup ground oat flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp of ginger, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of all spice or nutmeg
Beat the oil, eggs with the mashed fruit/fruit juice, then add the milk, then add all the dry on top and mix, put in cake pan and bake till knife comes out clean at 350