Well, its that time of year again, ideally I will do better this year at keeping up on my garden updates.
This week, we add in a pear tree(on sale) 33.90, a new current (black) bush 9.99, a new blackberry (thornless) bush 9.99 and one more lovely green gooseberry bush 9.99
Garden outputs this week: 64 dollars
Planted this week-,Friday to Friday
- 48 new baby strawberry plants-MG
- 64 square feet in barley-MG
- ten foot row of dill seed-MG
- ten foot row of spinach-MG
- Pea’s and beets- 8 foot rows in raised bed
Currently prepping and working on different garden beds and everything that is coming back from next year..
Harvest this week..
- Danelion- Greens -3 bunches 1.99 = 5.97
- Nettles-4 cups (will make these equal to basil herb) 7.50
- horseradish root- 1 cup worth =3.00
- Garlic greens/bulbs- one bunch (count them as green onions) .99
total harvested to date.. 17.46
Pig plow update: Cleared 202 square feet this week
compost used from the farm – Three wheelbarrels- equal to 12 large bags at the store.. 2.99 per bag- Savings on compost -40.88 (including tax)
Pulling dried matter out of the garden to be used as bedding in the barn- 5 dollars worth of straw.