I don’t know why I have never considered this combo before, but man did it turn out good!
The worst things about this recipe is that I didn’t plain on it going to the blog, so it was made farmgal style, so lets see what I did and then try and put it into a round two for folks off the farm.
Farmgal apricot-banana cake.
- Two glugs of oil
- 1 pint jar of Apricot fruit in med syrup
- 1 turkey egg
- 2 ripe mashed banana’s
- a pinch of salt
- two heaping cups of flour
- a palmful of baking powder
- Into a cake pan at 350 till golden brown and knife came out clean.
This cake’s flavor is amazing and its high and fluffy, but moist and filling..
So lets see if I can try and figure out how to make it again or fairly close to it.
- 1/2 cup of oil or margrine
- 1/2 of sugar (up to 3/4 if you want it sweeter)
- One med can of chopped up apricots with med or heavy syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe mashed banana’s
- 3 cups of flour
- half a teaspoon of salt
- one and half or two tbsp of baking powder
Mix your fat and sugar together,add your eggs and beat, then add your water or milk, and your cut up and mashed fruit, then add dry, just mix though and into your greased pan at 350 for about 40 min or until your knife comes out clean.
Or just make your favorite banana bread and add a little fresh chopped apricots to the batter, I do think that the canned apricots blended in better then fresh would, and the flavor in the syrup without a doubt helped make the cake.