Hi Folks, I have been a hold out.. but this week in dec of 2016, I broke down and got a cell phone an plan, I know have phone and texting..
There is a part of me that is going… NO!!!
but there were solid reasoning behind sinking money into a monthly plan, only time will tell if I made the right choice.. or if I will live to regret it.
- the top reason I got the phone, hubby will be traveling regular for days at a time monthly for the next x years.. its changeable and flexible on when those days are.. but bottom line, I think for safety on the farm, being able to reach out for help no matter where I am at.. good idea!
- hubby really likes the idea of me having it when I am riding alone and as I intend to ride a lot in 2017, this is a fair request
- I am already booked for a few speaking events for 2017 and it’s just safer to have a phone when traveling because good luck finding a pay phone these days
- a dear friend is very hard to get on the phone but can be got on text and I miss her lol
- my niece loves to text and I want to be part of that world..
yup.. that’s purdy much why I stepped into the world of a phone in my pocket..
Any last hold outs? Anyone else given in lately.. i am sure it will be used to keep in touch but truly what tipped the scale was the safety of being able to text or call out for help if something happened on the farm and i was alone for x days.. the dogs are amazing protectors but not in the same way as the phone will be