This is a old fashioned Wartime cake.. That is a lot of sugar but most of the older recipe call for so much sugar in them.. however it helped preserve the food at that time.. Plus people were working harder physically then.
Join 1,311 other followers
- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
Farmgals Bucket List : Farmgal's Bucket List
I am sorry to have this rant, I might not even post this.. I most likely will and I am sure I will lose a reader or two.. but I have to write this.. If you live in an apartment or a tiny condo in the city, you can be many things.. You can be […]
Ok, its just going on record that we are going to be “in just in time mode” on most things this year. Let me give a example.. we have pulled at least a hundred or two wild parsnips but then we needed to focus on this or that.. and suddenly this week, we are like.. […]
- Mini session on the deck in the golden morning hour.. #petphotography #catsofinstagram #orangecats… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Carrot Pudding for Christmas
- Savory Fall Venison Heart Stew
- Homemade Special Treats for the Cow/Horse/Sheep
- Beef Barley veggie soup.. Canning
- Old Fashion No Bake Mudpie Cookies Recipe
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- Thermos Shuttle Chef Review - TEN years later!
- A little Trip!
- Food in Jars Challange 2017- Salt Curing- Egg Yolks