March 17th – Happy St. Paddy’s Day..

Breakfast for me was one slice toast with one egg, hubby was omlet, toast with peanut butter. Lunch was leftovers for hubby, fried roast beef with a huge plate of green beans for me.. supper was fresh bannock with roasted guinea fowl breast with bacon, cooked, cooled, diced with fresh green onion, white onion and a touch of mayo with black pepper.

2013-01-01 1695 (600x450)

So some of you might remember that I had a sheep with a foot that was damaged about a month ago, she was released from her “recovery” pen this weekend and is doing very well indeed.. I might need to put her back into the barn during the wet melt, as I don’t want that nice tough pad she has grown on her foot to soften and risk infection.

2013-01-01 1682 (600x450)

2013-01-01 1683 (600x450)

Its been so cold that the horse’s are getting three to five -five min training sessions daily this past while, yesterday’s one of the little pop outs was to give them granny head wraps in green in honor of St. Paddy’s..

I love the look on their faces.. I will do this, but there had better be a carrot in this for me ๐Ÿ™‚

2013-01-01 1685 (450x600)

2013-01-01 1690 (450x600)

My last of fresh is starting to show in my body, I can feel myself slowly draining, while I am certainly getting enough calories, and I think if I had been eating my regular winter meals I would not be noticing it so much but because I have been eating so many fruits/veggies daily in regards to fertility, I really feel it on this challenge, I swear if I was allowed, I would eat nothing but salad’s for like three days straight..

This entry was posted in Life moves on daily and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to March 17th – Happy St. Paddy’s Day..

1. Marie says:

Cute horses, they do look kinda of annoyed. Like teenagers being told to give their mom a kiss in front of their friends. LOL I’m also feeling the end of winter drain. I’ve never before wanted BBQ and salad so badly before. ๐Ÿ™‚

• They really weren’t, it was more that I was making them stand so I could back up and they wanted their cookie for doing it.. the ear cocked forward is the dead give away that they are relaxed and interested in what is happening, if it was back or pinned, it would have shown ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d say, if you’re getting the impulse to “eat nothing but saladโ€™s for like three days straight”, that you should listen to your body… This is not a “bad” craving (and “’tis the season” for fresh, bitter greens and the resultant liver cleanse!; )

• The problem with that deb is that I would need to break the march challenge to make it happen.. part of me says, just go get the salad stuff and eat what you are craving and part of me says.. you are over half way there, just finish the challenge..

• Deb Weyrich-Cody says:

Sorry. Health trumps Challenge.
        With Zero discussion or argument from anyone else reading here, I would assume… ?

• Deb Weyrich-Cody says:

It’s also not your fault that there’s no bare ground anywhere that would usually be the case by now – in any NORMAL year, that is…

• Deb Weyrich-Cody says:

One more thing… (Sorry, the thoughts are coming in bits and snatches here):
        Your commitment to the fertility regimen came before the challenge, so why would you sabotage that now?
        If your body needs greens, then you need to give it greens. Period.

3. Love the last picture, made me laugh out loud.

I hear you about the fresh salad, mung bean sprouts just don’t cut it.

4. LuckyRobin says:

I’m about ready to kill for some lettuce and I’ve only been doing this a week or so. Thank goodness for coleslaw. I still had 3 storage cabbages when I started this thing.

• Deb Weyrich-Cody says:

Hey there, you two! Just wondering if either of you do up pickles? ‘Cause, when I get the Crunchy Munchies this time of year, Sauerkraut and Garlicky Dills seem to (sort of) do the trick – although, I must admit, I can’t wait for the Chives and Dandelion to show up…

• LuckyRobin says:

I do garlic dills, but I only have 2 1/2 pint jars left and am trying to make them last until I have cucumbers again. I’ve been scouring the lawn for dandelion greens, but nothing yet.

• If you find baby ones, or you know where area normally is, consider putting a cover over them to help force them to grow faster, normally, I would have already forced rhubarb, nettles, dandelions and horse radish but its all currently under three to four feet of snow, so its not going to happen this march.. its been a very odd and long month here indeed, I can’t wait till I see my first bit of bare ground.