This one is the meal in a bowl type soup.. well not quite but very close..
and its a true veggie soup, no meat, no rice, no grains, no beans.. nothing but veggies and lots and lots of them.. (well tomato is really a fruit but)
- Two large onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10 cups of broth (your choice on that one)
- one extra large can of diced tomato’s or a quart jar
- Four large carrots, peeled and diced
- Four large potato’s peeled and diced
- Three large celery sticks, trimmed and diced
- 2 cups of mushrooms sliced
- One large can of tomato basil pasta sauce or 1 quart basic tomato sauce
- Salt, pepper, basil and dried green of your choice, I went with nettles but spinach or kale or horseradish leaves are all good..
A touch of oil in the bottom of the pan, cook your onions, garlic and mushrooms till browned, then add the broth, and all the veggies, simmer for 40 to 60 in or under the veggies are tender and done..
Serve up piping hot for a healthy and very hardy lunch or supper, or have a mug full to warm up from being outside on a cold winter day.