Are you looking for a new way to use up your leftover pumpkin, Thanksgiving is coming, what a combo.. Pumpkin and Cranberries.. its bright and colorful for the table..
- 5 cups of cubed (1/2 inch by 1/2 inch) pumpkin
- 1 whole peeled, cored cubed pinnapple or 1 large can of pinnapple tidbits
- 2 cups of whole dried cranberries
- 1 cup of diced dried apricots
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
Put the sugar over the pumpkin cubes and let it sit for an hour or two to draw out water, then add the rest and Cook them all together in a large steel pot, bring to a boil then simmer till everything soften’s, stirring now and again, remove the cinnamon sticks, pack the hot pumpkin mixture into pint jars, then top with the hot juice, Hot water Process for 25 min.