Plans for 2015

1- Go Camping! I want to go camping in a tent at least once this year, ideally after riding in on the horses, but I will take hiking in with a trail pack horse second and going by van third.. its been far to long since we have been out on the land

Picture 016

2- Go to Romance the Capital Writers Con- Do it to the fullest, this includes both cos-play events, the dance and all the different courses, including all things that help or relate to either my blog writing or hubbies in terms of promotion etc

Register1

3-Grow potatoes from seed for the first time in my life..

imagesIGDS80XV

4- Be a test gardener for heritage rare plants to help save them for future Canadian gardeners

2013-01-01 1646 (450x600)

5- Go on day trips to the local parks at least once this season, at least two of the three, the hills, the river or voyageur park

park

6.Attend a four day Rother Clinic with Caleb

10489693_537951522998231_8788228718281069965_n

7-Go to the Biggest water Park in N.A..  Calypso

water park

8-Cavalia is coming back to monteal, I have been watching and waiting for three years for them to come back..

Odysseo-horse-show-montreal1

9-Garden art.. I know that is a different one but I work hard in the gardens but I have not fun, silly or pretty garden art and I want to change that this year

images6UUVGSHG

10- Horse agility, add more things to my own home courses..

Ten seems like a good cut off point..

This entry was posted in Life moves on daily. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Plans for 2015

1. meixinmom says:

Happy New Year! You are the most likely person I know of to make all of this work. I admire your enthusiasm, energy, optimism and persistence. Go you!

2. Looks like a great list! I had never heard of Cavalia, but just looked it up. It looks awesome!

I’ve always wanted to see The Royal Lipizzaner Stallions and the more recent Cavalia. Sounds like a fun & busy new year!

4. Just Plain Marie says:

I’ll have to get together my goals for 2015. I look forward to hearing how you do with the potatoes and the test plants. 😀

Camping? Nah, I think I get enough of that roughing-it stuff in our daily life! LOL

• you just wait, tell me if the kids and even yourself will not want a night off the farm, hubby and I have not to go for a single night of camping off the farm in TEN years! I have a plan..

• Just Plain Marie says:

My dear, dear friend, we want a night in HOTEL with hot and cold running water and Treehouse TV and someone else cooking the meals and doing the dishes. Okay, I’d do the dishes, but give me running hot water. A morning when sleeping in doesn’t mean 6:30am. But I’d get up at 4 am if it meant hot water. (I’m noticing a theme – I really miss running hot water. I want a shower!!)

That doesn’t mean I don’t love it here, but sometimes it’s rough, I tell you! LOL

Now, in case I sound too complain-y, the wood stove is pumping out some nice heat, I’m sipping candy cane hot chocolate while the children play near me. Snow is falling nicely outside, and my goat girls are getting fatter by the day. And because it’s so cold, my “big as all outdoors” freezer (that is, the outdoors!) is working well. I’m being lazy going through my huge list of Bloglovin blogs that need commenting. (It’s not goofing off, it’s blog promotion, right? 🙂 )

• Sheri says:

LOL! I have to agree with Just Plain Marie! My idea of camping is when room service is late! Soft bed, goose down blanket, continental breakfast, heated pool, sauna.

• Come on 😛 you girls are breaking my heart lol, the joy of packing up you and your horse, riding in to your site, its not Are we there yet, its part of the journey, the fire, the food tastes better because of fresh air and the hunger you have worked up, the ability to listen to your horses when you wake up, to be nicker greeted when you do you morning pee break behind the bush, to smell the fresh bread cooking in the cast iron pan.. ah, horse camping at its finest, the creak of the leather is a joy indeed

• An if you want to get fancy, you can go to a horse campground 🙂

• Sheri says:

Oh Yes! I did this years ago and it was very fun and they did all the work!

5. Just Plain Marie says:

Yea, but for me, it’d be “Just me and my horse … and the wagon filled with four young children and all of their stuff.”

With our “septic” having completely failed, we are becoming well acquainted with peeing behind the bush (or in the bucket), and I do the fire thing every morning. It was 9C in my house this morning. I am learning how to bank that fire properly so I have good embers in the morning.

No horses here yet, but three gorgeous goats. Do they count? When I was giving them their turnips yesterday, they kept forgetting that I don’t have a head meant for butting. OW!

Yup, I’m not sure how camping would improve on this. 😀

I forgot about the heated pool. Mr. D was actually saying just that a week or so ago – “I miss swimming. I know we’re not about to spend money on a hotel just so I can go swimming, but … there’d be a shower, too. And tv. And unlimited electricity.”

I think that this was a great post, FG…
    Making a list of things that you WANT to do in the New Year. Great, positive idea!

7. Mike P says:

Love the to-do list……. I only have one, to grab an extra half hour in bed without feeling guilty 🙂