This rich and filling recipe is perfect for somone who has never had tripe before, it was inspired by a recipe from the odd bits cookbook but modified to match what I had in my own pantry..
Savoury Hidden Tripe Stew Recipe
- 1/2 pds of cleaned and prepared tripe
- 1 pint jar of diced onions and tomato’s-Spiced
- 1 pint of my red pepper pasta sauce
- 1 pint of lamb or beef broth
- 1 large onion-diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 large stalk of celery diced
- 1 pint of canned chickpea’s
- 1 cup of dried pasta
- Salt, pepper, and Basil flakes to taste..
Simmer your onions, galic then add everything but the pasta and rinsed chickpea’s, bring to boil, then turn down to a steady slow simmer on the stove for about 1 and half to two hours, start checking your tripe every 15 min or so until its reach the desired tenderness, then add your pasta and chickpea’s, cook till done and serve.. the joy of this dish is that the chewy pasta parts are almost identical to the chewy sauce filled peices of cooked tripe.