I am going to see if I can make this work for 2019, we will see.. its never easy at all to do something like this, forget even a few times and it slips though the cracks.
So I need to do some side notes on these..
Things I am including in the cost per jar.
- Cost of the food in the jar itself
- Cost if any of what is the liquid in the jar
- Cost if any of the spices in the jar
- Cost of the new lid per jar
- Cost of the energy per water bath load or per pressure canner load
Things I am not including in the cost per jar
- My time
- cost of the jar, its a sunk cost.. some of the jars were gotten for free, some at 10 or 25 cents at farm sales, most gotten by the case on year end sales.. I currently have around 1650 jars give or take a few.
Regardless it was done in half pints, pints quarts or half gallons.. all Jars listed are rounded up and or down into pints.
Canning done in Jan 2019
- 18 pints of potato’s -Cost per pint jar .62 cents
- 4 pints Orange Cranberry Jam Cost per pint jar 1.76
- 4 pints Mixed Veggie Soup-.44 cents per jar
- 14 Pints of Dark Baked Beans .63 cents per jar
- 7 Pints of Lemon Marmalade -.88 cents per jar
- 2 Pints salted cured Lemons- 1.16 per jar
- 12 Pints lemon vinegar cleaner(scape lemon parts)- .33 per jar
- 5 pints of Lemon Syrup – .65 cents per jar
- 5 pints of lime syrup- .89 cents a jar
- 6 pints kiwi jam 1.45 per jar
Jan Jar count.. 77 pints