Make a basic Pie Dough Recipe
Goose Pot Pie
- One Onion-Peeled and Diced
- 3 large mushrooms- Diced
- 1 med carrot- Sliced thinly
- 2 med or one large potato- Peeled, and finely diced (you want it to be able to cook within the hour)
- 1 to 1 and half cups of cooked, diced goose (in this case, the meat from a leg/thigh combo)
- 1/2 of a colored pepper- Yellow in this case
- 1 tbsp. of oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of keens mustard.
- 1 cup of dark broth (by this I mean any dark meat bone broth)
To thicken-1 tbsp. of corn starch or you can use 2 tbsp. of dried instant mashed (store or home made will work) or you can drain off the broth and make a small rue and thicken with flour and then pour it back over top.
Put your onion, with your oil and cook till just about done, add the mushrooms and cook for a bit, then add your carrot and potato, and just enough broth to cover, simmer for ten min. (your choice on how to thicken the broth, and then pour into the pie plate with bottom, add your top, make sure you cut some steam holes in the pattern of your choice, I made mine as goose foot prints
Bake at 350 for one hour till golden brown and piping hot.. cool for ten min before serving, can be rewarmed if there are leftover’s.