I was able to find a nice little package of Smoked Herring on my last outing, wow, it should have said, Salted/Smoked Herring.. and it turned out that my little package had 12 halfs , much more then I was expecting, so I eat some fresh, froze some and am now making a wonderful fish chowder
- 3 Onions-Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic -Diced
- 1 Large Zuccini-Diced
- 2 Large Carrots-Peeled an Diced
- 6 Large Potato’s -Peeled and Diced
- 1 Med Turnip -Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 of Purple Cabbage
- 6 Large Stocks of Celery -Diced, green tops left on
- 6 half Sides of Salted/Smoked Herring
- 2 Large Brick Top Mushrooms (Wild local Picked)
- 12 cups fish stock
As they say, Eat your colors.. So then simmer on the stove for 40 min to an hour till all cooked and flavors blended, then I will make my rue and thicken it up, and add my whole milk to finish the chowder off, have yet to decide I will make baking powder or dumpings to go with.. we will see..
And went Dumplings.. hmmm, Fluffy wonderful dumplings..